HAVE YOU EVER WANTED TO DRIVE AN ICONIC ITALIAN CAR AROUND TUSCANY MOUNTAINS AND HILLS? THIS TOUR IS FOR YOU!
FULLY ESCORTED BOUTIQUE TOUR
- Say hello to your new home: a private apartment in an authentic Tuscan farmhouse.
- Experience the folklore of an ancient Tuscan Village.
- Unravel the mysteries of one of the most beautiful Tuscan city, Volterra
- Drive an original Fiat 500 among medieval villages
- Try the local Tuscan Cuisine and learn from a pro
- Go hiking on the fascinating Pratomagno Mountain.
FULLY ESCORTED BOUTIQUE TOUR
Saturday: Pick up at Figline Valdarno Station
Pick up ---> accommodation
The tour will official start with the pick up at the station of Figline Valdarno. Our driver will be just at the main entrance in front of the cafe' waiting for you. We are going to transfer you to your apartment located in a farm house that will be your new home for the tour. As farmhouse, it is surrendered of a lots of green. It has a farm as well with many animals and of course a big swimming pool, a restaurant for dinners and breakfast, a laundry and wi.fi. The farmhouse has 12 individual apartments. it used to be a tiny village. All guests will stay on the same farmhouse property but they will be in the own private accommodation with their own facilities.
Sunday:Cooking class and local villages festivals "sagre"
Cooking class ----> Firenze ---> Summer village festivals "sagre"
Today you will able to choose between a cooking class with our local chef with whom we are going to prepare dinner, or we will take you to the train station and you will be able to reach Firenze by train. From June to September we will be joining the local villagers at their typical local festivals. .
Monday: The charming mistery of Volterra
Volterra ---> San Gimignano
Today we will be spending the day visiting the mysteries of Volterra, another charming medieval town in central Tuscany, a precious town situated in the province of Pisa, not far from Florence, Siena and the coast as well. The area is particularly known for its Etruscan origins and for the many archaeological remains belonging to the 4th century BC. In the afternoon we will visit San Giminiano, famous for its fascinating medieval architecture and towers that rise above of all the other buildings offering an impressive view of the city from the surrounding valley. At the height of its glory, San Gimignano's patrician families had built around 72 tower-houses as a symbol of their wealth and power. Although only 14 have survived, San Giminiano still retains its feudal atmosphere and magical appearance. We will have dinner there before returning to our farm house.
Tuesday: Art, Culture and History driving a Fiat 500
Anghiari ---> Arezzo
Are you ready to come on board one the most iconic cars in the world, the original Fiat 500?
This day is entirely dedicated to art. We will visit the ancient village of Anghiari, considered one of the most beautiful of Italy.
Later we will visit Arezzo to admire the masterpieces of celebrated renaissance painters Piero della Francesca and Giorgio Vasari, the magnificent cathedral, the Piazza Grande and much more. We will get there on board our Fiat 500 driving pass the super Tuscan countryside while driving on the local roads. Dinner will be at one the historic pizzeria in Castelfranco di Sopra
Wednesday: On the road
Free ride with the 500 Fiat around Tuscany
Today you will be able to manage your time by yourself.
With a road limit of 80 km you will be able to visit many other areas of interest on board your fabulous Fiat 500. We will provide you with recommendations and itineraries but you will be free to decide where and when to stop.
THURSDAY: Pratomagno's Mountain on the wheels
The Pratomagno mountain on-board of a Fiat 500
This day is dedicated to the beauty and mystery of the Pratomagno, one of the fascinating mountains in Tuscany. On its top the Australian explorer and WWI hero Herbert John Louis Hinkler crashed in his attempt to fly from England to Australia. Starting towards Ciuffenna visiting the village and the Romanic church in Gropina. The following stops will focus on visiting the tiny little medieval villages that dot the mountainous area and there we will have the opportunity to taste the local produces.
The day will end with an aperitivo at the summit of Pratomagno for a breathtaking sunset to remember before our dinner
FRIDAY: Wine and cheese in Val D'Orcia
This day we will visit Montepulciano, renowned for its red wine Nobile of Montepulciano (regularly one of the top 3 red wines in the world), with a visit to one of its most prestigious winery and cellar.
Later we will visit Pienza, a renaissance village from where Pope Pius II came from. Within its city walls we will visit the Pope palazzi and the well-known cheese Pecorino di Pienza.
Our visit will carry on the city walls where you will be fascinated by the old artisan shops working on copper the traditional way and popping by some of the characteristic enoteche (wine shops).
The day will end at the local Trattoria or at the accommodation.
Breakfast ---> Drop off
The tour ends with a delicious breakfast before we part ways at Figline Val D’Arno’s station
PRICES 2019, DEPOSITS, AND PAYMENTS:
April – May AUD 3770,00 per person. ALL INCLUSIVE (check the details below)
June-July- August AUD 3870,00 per person.
ALL INCLUSIVE (check the details below)
September – October AUD 3770,00 per person. ALL INCLUSIVE (check the details below)
Departures-Guarantee with a minimum of 2 guests
From the 27 April - 19 Oct 2019: Saturdays
Starts/Ends in Figline Valdarno (near of Florence)
Max 8 people
A surcharge of 400 AUD per person will be apply if you request a "private tour".
Private room in sharing villa/apartment. (taxes included, US dollars price variable due to currency conversion rate). Single supplement AUD 200,00
Once we have checked the regular documentation included your travel insurance, 15% deposit of the overall tour cost, is required. No booking will be reserved until the prescribed deposit is received.
Balance of the payment will be due within 15 days of booking confirmation.
Deposits and balance of payments are accepted by bank transfer or credit card via Paypal.
A payment of a deposit indicates an acceptance of all the conditions.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES:
All tours are based on a Saturday to Saturday stay with us tour.
Pick up at Figline Valdarno Station - Click here for more information
• Check IN: 3.00 pm
• Check OUT: 10.00 am
Contact us if you need advice to reach the pickup point
Our tour groups have been designed for a group of no more than 8 people per week to ensure that client needs and enjoyment is always our top priority.
Tours and tariffs are subject to change.
INCLUDED IN TOUR COST
- Apartment farmhouse accommodation.
- All continental breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners in local traditional restaurants with set menu composed with at least 3 courses with water and wine included.
- Transfer from the local station to the accommodation and back.
- Daily transfer with a luxury minivan from the accommodation to the different locations of the tour and back
- Bi-Lingual Hosts for the duration of your tour
- six day tour to itinerary locations
- Train tickets for independent travel to Florence
- On arrival at each location: remain as a group with tour leaders, alternatively explore independently and re-group at a pre-arranged time and location.
- Maps for all itinerary location
- 500 fiat rent for 3 days with all the insurance ( international or european licence requested to be able to drive)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN TOUR COST
All items not detailed in inclusions
All transfers other than to the local train station
- Airport taxes
- Travel insurance.
- Entry fees to museums/galleries and other places wherever entry fees apply
- All lunches and meals not specifically listed above.
- One cooking class at the farmhouse with the chef Pasquale.
- All personal expenditure.
- Refer to specific tour.
You will receive a form with all the extra activities available one the tour has been booked.
Activities beyond the specified tours listed on this website are subject to additional costs.
PRICE, DEPOSIT, AND PAYMENTS
The prices shown are per person, double occupancy.
The deposit is 25% of the overall tour price or as listed on the tour booking form. This deposit is required to confirm any bookings by us. No booking will be reserved until the prescribed deposit is received.
Balance of the payment will due 30 days prior to the date of the first day of the tour you have booked. If booking within 30 days of the start of the tour the full payment must be made at the time of booking. Deposit and balance payments are accepted by bank electronic transfer, Pay pal system, credit cards (fees apply for credit cards and Pay pal). After your deposit has been accredited, we will send you an invoice with the due date for the balance pf payment. Should your final payment fail to reach us by the date specified on your invoice, we reserve the right to cancel your booking without refund.
The tour price quoted is based at the time of advertising (including foreign exchange rates) and are accordingly subject to change without notice. Tuscany Untouched tours reserves the right written notice to you to vary the cost of the tour if there is any significant change in currency exchange rates according up to 20 days prior to the first day of tour.
Unless otherwise stated, all tours are based on a minimum number of 2 travellers plus tour leader and maximum of 8. Where minimum have not been achieved on a given departure, the tour may be cancelled by Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd.
Accommodation is on a Private cosy villa/apartment in a traditional Tuscany farmhouse. Single supplement may be available at an addition cost.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUND
To cancel your tour booking, you must notify us in writing by email. If you cancel your tour booking for any reason at any stage, your 25% deposit is non-refundable. If you cancel 90 days before tour starting date: 75% of your total tour cost is refundable. If you cancel between 90 days and 60 days before tour starting date: 50% of your total tour cost is refundable for physician documented emergency medical reasons or for police documented cases of accident, flood, fire, or crime. Cancellations less than 60 days from the tour start date:100% non-refundable.
In the unlikely event that we must cancel your tour, you are entitle to a 100% refund within 2 weeks after the tour’s cancellation.
Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd has the right to decline any booking. Similarly, Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd, may require any travellers to withdraw from the tour if in its option the actions of that traveller are or no less than 3 hours after our arrival time (2 hours for Italian Domestic Flights and Europe-bound flights).
Personal travel insurance is not offered by Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd. Travellers are requires to purchase their own comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellation coverage, airline tickets, trip delay, lost luggage or any potential medical expenses. Before travelling, we require evidence of travel insurance and an emergency contact number for each traveller.
You are allowed one suitcase and one small carry-on bag. If you exceed this limit there may not be space in the vehicle to transport your excess luggage and it will be at your own expense to have it transported throughout the tour. We suggest that you bring a day pack for carrying water, guide books, jacket, rain gear, etc.
TRAVEL DOCUMENTS, HEALTH AND FITNESS
You are responsible for holding all valid travel documents at the time and satisfy any health, visa or other requirements that apply to places you intend to visit.
To comfortably complete our tours, you should be able to do some moderate walks over hills and be able to climb a number of stairs. We will also be doing a lot of walking in the town we visit. If you a planning a tour with us, we suggest starting moderate walking program at least 1 month before the tour.
Anyone suffering from illness or disability or undergoing treatment for any physical or medical condition, must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking and make arrangements for the provision pf any medication or other treatment which may be required during the tour. Failure to make such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking condition and result in such person being excluded from the tour in which case all monies paid will be forfeit.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND MOTION SIKNESS
Please advise us of any special requirements such as dietary requirements, medical requirements etc, at the time of booking. If you get motion sickness, it is advisable to bring with you motion sickness pills, as we will be travelling along mountains roads at times.
Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd will make effort to adhere to the advertised itinerary. However, in the event of unforeseen circumstances, Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd reserves the right to make changes to the itinerary, including previously stated accommodations, modes of transport and all other activities.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
No responsibility is accepted for any loss, expenses, accident, injury or damage to any person or property due to the actions or omissions of any person, or any cause, including but not limited to acts of God, acts of terrorism, war, strikes, defects in machinery, breakdown of equipment, whether quarantine, negligence, loss of baggage, or other causes beyond our control, such losses being the responsibility of the guest.
Except as required or implied by legislation Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd gives no express warranty in relation to the tour and you acknowledge that you have not relied on any representation or warranty made by or on behalf of Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd. To the extent that such terms and conditions may lawfully be excluded all warranties are expressly excluded. Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd does not accept any liability for any act, omission, default or neglect by ourselves, our servents or agents or by the servants of agents of airlines or accommodation services for injury, damage or loss to persons or goods whatsoever and howsoever the same may be caused.
PERMISSION FOR PHOTOS AND VIDEO OF TRAVELLERS
You agree that our Tour Directors or representative may take photographs and film of you while you are on tour and that these may be used in our brochure, social media and/or advertising or publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or videos.
All information provided by Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd regarding our tours is, to the best of our knowledge, correct. However, we reserve the right to make changes in group composition, accommodations, visits, and itineraries at any time should it become necessary or desirable. Delays, or itinerary changes caused by strikes, bad weather, traffic, or other unforeseen circumstances are beyond our control and we are not obligated to pay Travellers compensation.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
I understand and acknowledge that the recreational activities available on the Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd may be dangerous. I understand and acknowledge that serious injury or death may result from participants in recreational activities. I agree that I PARTECIPATE at my OWN RISK.
BY SIGNING THIS WAIVER, I ACKNOWLEDGED THAT:
- participation in recreational activities is a hazardous activity and may result in injury, loss, damage or death to me;
- participation in recreational activities may require certain skills. I declare that I have sufficient skills to be able to safety and properly participate in the recreational activities;
- Where recreational activities are held outdoors, there are risk to me as a result of the weather condition, including either extreme hot or cold weather, rain or wind;
- I am responsible for ensuring that I have and will wear equipment suitable for safety and properly participating in the recreational activities.
- I agree not to take drugs prohibited by law before or during participation in recreational activities.
- I agree that I am in good health and free from any adverse medical conditions.
- I agree to follow the directions of any instructor or any signage and that any misconduct or refusal by me to follow any direction will result in my immediate removal from the tour.
- Any child under the age of 16 must be supervised at all time by a responsible adult parent and this waiver will bind both the responsible adult parent and supervised child.
- I use all facilities entirely at my own risk, as I find them and with the prior acceptance of the risk of possible danger to me.
- If I suffer harm while participating in any recreational activity, I will not hold Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd, their employees or agents legally responsible for any injuries I suffer. I will not sue the supplier (Tuscany Untouched Pty Ltd), their employees or agents for any claims, costs, damages, or liability. I agree to release the Supplier and their employees from legal responsibility for the service I have been provided.
- I acknowledge and agree that my participation in any recreational activities are a danger and may have inherent risks as a result of which personal injury (and sometime death) may occur and I accept and assume all such risks of personal injury or death in anyway whatsoever arising from these activities and hereby waive my individual right to sue the Supplier for all claims I or my representatives may have for such personal injury or death against the Supplier in any way whatsoever arising from or in connection with these activities.
Our tours are not pet friendly
2019 Tour Dates
Departures-Guarantee with a minimum of 2 guests
From the 27 April - 19 Oct 2019: Saturdays
As the availability could change, it is advisable to send your enquires anyway.